Friday, April 20, 2007

Lesson 58, 59, and 60: the foot 3d, clavicle and humerous

I decided to group these three together since I drew most of them on the same piece of paper and its a bit time consuming making a separate post for each. Drawing the foot in 3d was pretty cool, Riven pretty much outlined the approach for drawing anything in 3d once you have a front and side view of an object, its was a very powerful yet simple technique to make any front and side view into a 3d object, very cool. You will notice i tried to do this ahead of schedule with the pelvis since I consider it one of the most difficult objects to produce so far with limited success but it does seem promising, needs much more practice though. The clavicle was a damn walkover, 10mins and I pretty much knew all I'd need to know about that bone. The humerus however was another story, a simple bone it ain't. Outside of the lesson when trying to reproduce it I have to think real hard about where everything goes, the ends, particularly the elbow tripped me up more than once when I drew the front instead of the back and vice versa.


No comments: